Thursday, May 22, 2008

It's ME!!

Hey everyone! Obviously by the fact that I am actually able to blog that I am doing better. The first half of the week was very rough. I couldn't get out of bed or keep anything down. It was absolutely miserable. I knew I would have bad days but that took me totally by surprise. After going to the doctor on Tuesday, which in itself was a new experience, they admitted me to the hospital. On the new experience, while at the doctor's office, I was feeling very bad. The nurse let me lay down on the "bed" thing in there to see if it would make me feel better. She went and got me a blanket and THEN...she laid her hands on me and PRAYED over me!!! How awesome! It was so sweet. I layed in there for quite awhile. The doctor came in and looked at me and knew that I didn't feel good. She told me that my blood counts had dropped drastically. My red blood count went to .8 and my white blood count was .2. That's crazy! She said that I would have to go get a blood transfusion in the hospital. I knew this was a possiblity, but I didn't think it would happen so soon. Anyways, I convinced her that I needed to get to the hospital and get going before they did the spinal tap since I couldn't lay still for 4 hours since I couldn't keep anything down. She agreed and sent us to the hospital. Well, in the admitting office, I figured out how to get in quickly...ask for a bucket!! That guy moved so fast!

Anyways, it still took awhile for them to get me going on fluids and blood, but laying down made me feel better. All my nurses came in and told me they didn't expect to see me so soon, but it was nice to see me. My mom said my face was as white as my t-shirt in the waiting room. My doctor came in and did the spinal tap. The fluid was clear..yeah! She had me lay there for 5 hours instead of 4 just to help with the headache.

I got out early Wednesday morning. I came home and felt much better, but not great. My dad and some friends came in to see me and I was glad that I was able to lay on the couch and talk to them while they were here. If they had come any time earlier, I wouldn't have been able to see them. I was able to stay up till around 1 and then had to go lay down. I slept till about 4:30 and then was able to get up again for a little while. I was at least able to keep some food down.

Today was much better. I actually was able to get up and get out of bed for the whole day. With the PICC line, it is not exactly easy to wash my hair, so my mom took me to the salon and I got my hair washed...so nice!! and then we went to look at wigs. That was a different experience. Well, that wore me out, so we came home after that. I just kind of chilled on the couch, but I didn't take a nap and was able to keep everything down.

I just wanted to say thank you to each of you who have been praying for me! Please continue. There are other things I want to say, but looking at the computer screen doesn't always agree with my stomach right now. I will try to update as much as possible, but please continue to check as Rob will be updating as well on the days I can't.

With God, WE WILL BEAT THIS!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It soothes my soul to see you are the one typing the blog!! It was so so good to spend the morning with you yesterday!! I love you and can't wait for my next visit. Hang in there my sweet sister..you are so inspiring!

Anonymous said...

What a relief to read that you have had a somewhat "good" day. For all of us monitoring your blog and updates, if you have a good day it makes ours better. Faith, hope and love (and many prayers).

Anonymous said...

I cannot tell you how good it made me feel to spend some time with you, your parents and Rob. And then to read "YOUR" writing on the blog. I have heard that Friday was a good day too and that no blood was required. God is so good! You are amazing and I know you will beat this!!!
My love to you! Mama Darlene

Beth said...

YEAH!! I am so glad to have you updating me!! I especially enjoyed my phone call and update aboute you today!! I can't wait to come visit and see you!! Hang in there B-Nessa!!