Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow!

I thought that when my hair fell out, it would come out gradually. It would just be a little more each day. Boy, was I wrong!! Well, the first clump came out yesterday. It was kind of shocking. It was a whole handful of hair. I got about 2 handfuls yesterday. Today, I got up and brushed out my hair...literally. It came out in huge clumps. Fortunately, I have VERY thick hair so it is just kind of thinning and you can't tell yet, but you will be able to if it falls out more and more everyday. I'm going to go ahead and have it shaved this week so I won't have to deal with it next week in the hospital.

In other news, I have been feeling really "good." It is so nice to be able to get up and spend time with the girls and Rob. I've also slept the past few nights. Thank you for all those specific prayers. Please keep them going!!

Thank you for all the prayers. Each one is so appreciated!

With God, WE WILL BEAT THIS!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will be the hottest bald girl I know!!!!!!!!! Tim will be glad to know hes not the only one under 30 and bald! Love you sister! See you in two weeks!!

Anonymous said...

Vanessa - so good to hear that you were feeling good today..........my SPECIFIC prayer for you today is that you will feel good enough to move around the house and do a few things.

Take care and continue to be strong!
Tanya Tingle

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine what kinds of emotion the hair thing is causing. Good thing you are soooooo beautiful and it has absolutely nothing to do with your HAIR!!!!! I prayed for every single thing you suggested (and a few of my own that I think you need just because I'm a "know-it-all" nurse!!!) Love u much....

Anonymous said...

Vanessa - I'm thrilled you had a good today. My prayer is that tomorrow will be even better and that all aches and pains will be gone. With that wonderful smile and those great dimples, that's what everyone always sees!

Keep that positive attitude!

Love ya!

Ms. Martha

pam said...

Hey V!! I am a firm believer in very specific requests during prayer. I am going to ask for these things that you need. I cannot imagine all of the different emotions you are going through with every battle u have faced so far. You are a beautiful person inside and out and I admire you more every day. You are going to have the cutest hairstyles, just think... you can change your color, style any time you want. All picking aside, I am here for you anytime and I know there is so much you, Rob, Em, and Nat are going through, more than we can comprehend. I am praying for your rest at night and your pains to subside, for you to have more energy to do the things the rest of us take for granted sometimes, something as simple as doing things in your home you want done. Maybe feeling like scrapbooking, which you love so dearly. You are opening up to the people who truly love and care for you, to your experiences; it means the world to me I know, to try to understand just a piece of what this all is about for you. This is the best therapy you could ever have, talking about it all and having your family and friends by your side to listen and help any way possible. I love you so much and want to see you when you are up to it!!! Please know that I am here for you ALWAYS, and I mean that!! Praying for your night's rest tonight!!! Love you!!