Monday, July 28, 2008

ICU Update 7/28/2008

We received encouraging news today from her pulmonary doctor. He said that the things he has observed encouraged him. He stated she is still not in the clear and has a ways to go but he was encouraged.

Vanessa has not needed to use her pain meds in a few hours as she states her pain is not as bad. She still has a temp over 100. Her oxygen is holding above 95%. Her blood counts are .1 white bloodcells, platelets are 26 and hemoglobin is 12.7.

Preliminary reports are possibly showing early stages of pneumonia. Her pulmonary doctory didn't want to officially claim it because her x-rays weren't conclusive. He stated whether its pneumonia or somethings else, they are treating it with antibiotics.

We are excited to see Gods work with the news we received this morning. Thank you for your love and support. I know the prayers haven't stopped, but keep them coming. She is not out of the clear but we know we serve the great physician.

With God, We Will Beat This!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so thrilled that she is feeling better and not in as much pain. Thank GOD for that, and all of this is better news. We love y'all, Rob!!

Anonymous said...

I've been praying continually for Vanesa and you, Rob. Also, my heart goes out to Doug, Cecilia and Casey's family. I know how hard it is to have these set backs. I would call but my emotions about the whole situation gets the best of me. I totally admire all of your faith. I'm not sure mind is that strong. Also, my SS class is praying for you all along with Lydia & Clinton.

Aunt Ouida

Beverly Bricker said...

Hello Vanessa and all family members.

Just a note to let you know that you have been on my mind and heart for quite some time. I don't know you but our remarkable and amazing Holy Spirit has laid you on my heart heavily. I will continue to pray for you all. Keep the faith and hope, I have seen miracles in my own life. Love, Beverly Bricker/Summer Grove Baptist Church/Shreveport

Heather Kate said...

I don't know if I've commented here before, but Vanessa has been so heavily on my heart and mind this week. I pray for you guys constantly, and my mom sends me email updates from Martha Alexander.

I know God is using your sacrifices to draw people to Himself. Thank you for your upbeat outlook.

P.S. I was friends with Vanessa at Summer Grove. My maiden name is Faull.