Monday, June 2, 2008

Round 2

Well, I am back in the hospital again. This time I am getting a different chemo so I am not sure how it is going to affect me. Right now they are pumping me full of fluids and nausea medicine. Before they can begin the chemo, my pH level has to be at 7 and it is at 6.7 right now, so they are trying to raise it. They will test me again in about 30 minutes. From what I understand, I should be done with my first medicine by tomorrow, and then they will give me another one over the next 22 hours. The second medicine is supposed to help with the side effects of the chemo. I will also be getting another lumbar puncture tomorrow morning where they will inject the chemo into my spine. I know, you are all jealous!!

My mom came in to stay in the hospital with me and she brought me a gift from one of her neighbors. It is a prayer quilt. There are sets of string sewn into the blanket, and when someone says a prayer for me, they tie a knot. It's just a visual reminder of people praying for me. It's really cool. Also, housekeeping just came in and she asked if she could say a prayer for me. It was really nice. Through this process, it is amazing how people have offered up prayers for me without even knowing me. It is so awesome!

Thank you to each of you for all of your prayers and support!

With God, WE WILL BEAT THIS!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tie some knots for me! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

We've been thinking about you and praying for you today. Hopefully the boys and I will get to see you Wednesday or Thursday! We love you!
Kay

Anonymous said...

Hope today went well and that tomorrow will too. Tie a knot for me every day. Tell your Mom hello for me.

Love Ya!

Ms. Martha

Beth said...

Isn't it nice to feel God's love even from a total stranger! I will be praying for you today as I do everday! Hang in there B-Nessa!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Vanessa!

Me and Ron are both praying for you. Jaclyn told me about the cancer, and we have been praying ever since. You are gonna be FINE!!

Love,
Deana and Ron Graves

Anonymous said...

I can't help but cry every time I read your blogs. Imagining how overwhelming it has to be for you, the most simple blessings we all have in life are taken for granted oh so much. Just look at you, Vanessa, you are finding the positive in everything. My tears are from sadness for my dear friend and for happiness at the same time for you to be able to feel the prayers are truly working and some are coming from completely strangers. I believe God puts everyone in our lives for a reason and just at the right moment. There are angels all around you, I can promise you that. I love you so much, am praying for you right now. Have a peaceful night, V!!!!