Friday, July 2, 2010

Showers of Blessings

We are so truly blessed! For the past two months, I have had 3 showers for Cameron. They were so much fun and Cameron got lots of stuff! My pictures below do not do the showers justice. I don't know what has happened to me with my picture-takingness (I know it's not a word, but indulge me!). I used to take TONS of pictures of EVERYTHING. Before I had a digital camera, they knew me by name at Walgreens. I had at least 1-2 rolls developed every week. But lately, I just bring the camera and it sits. So, some of these pictures have been sent to me from family and friends (THANK YOU!!!), and a few are off my camera. I do have more, but 90% of shower pictures are of me holding up gifts. So, I hope this gives you a small glimpse into my awesome showers and I will try to do better on the picture taking!

My Family Shower

This shower was hosted by my Aunt, sister-in-law, and my mom's cousins. This was my side of the family. We had a very nice luncheon with yummy chicken salad and buffalo wings. I know, crazy combination, but it was PERFECT! We also had fruits and veggies! It is so much fun to get together with the family. We always have a great time full of laughter!


Some puppy outfits and a handmade afghan from Nana (my mom)

LSU Baby! He is ready for game day!


Cameron's loot

Some of the family

Emilee, Natalie, and Anna- cousins!


My BIG Shreveport Shower

This shower was hosted by eight of mine and my mom's friends. It was beautiful! It was held at my parent's church in one of their fellowship halls. We had awesome food like chicken salad sandwiches, cheese and crackers, strawberries with 3 dipping sauces, nuts, and cake (wedding cake- my fav!). We had a great turn out! I think I opened present for an hour and a half straight! There was so much stuff to look at. Thanks to everyone who helped and came to this shower!

Sandwiches, strawberries, lemon water, and some very yummy punch! Don't you LOVE the decorations? It was very cute and boyish!


Cameron's Tricycle...also used as decoration! The dot fabric underneath is one of my fabrics for Cameron's bedding! This was the theme of the whole shower.


My very awesome cake! If you are in the Shreveport area, you need to get your cakes from Kathy Cubley...yummmmm!!!! She is the BEST! She also did our wedding cake and many other cakes for me!


Opening presents!


My Wonderful Hostesses (L to R): Nancy Bradford, Joyce Turner, Me & Cameron, Patsy Foster, Ashley Stuart, Darlene Feazel, Lesa Caldwell, and Susan Norris. Not pictured is Janet Cubley.

Camterra Shower

My mother-in-law's office also threw me a shower. These are some of the nicest ladies I have ever met! They are so sweet. I met most of them while I was going through or just finished chemo, so this was the first time many of them saw me with hair...hehe! They prayed for me through everything and were very excited to hear about Cameron joining our family. It was held at their office and we had just snack food since it was the end of the day. Don't get me wrong, it was AWESOME snack food! Cupcakes, punch, multiple dips, chips, and pretzels! It was decorated so cute too! Thank you ladies!


Some of the ladies

Chillin'

Ruby (my mother-in-law), Natalie- all sprawled out, and Emilee enjoying the shower


Cameron's loot

Cute little decorations. The boxes spell out "Baby." The basket had this cute teddy bear, some rubber duckies, and a feely book- it has different "furs" to match with animals for Cameron to learn.


Thank you to all of you who helped, sent a present, prayed for us, and are celebrating our little miracle with us! We are truly blessed to have each and every one of you in our lives!

No comments: