Sunday, October 25, 2009

Light the Night 2009

This year's Light the Night walk was a great success! We had over 500 people show up, which is the most Tyler has ever seen! The day started for Rob and I around noon when we went to go help set up. I had only planned on staying out there for a few hours and then heading home to get the girls and finish getting everything ready. Well, that didn't happen. I ended up racing home changing clothes and getting the girls only to race back to where the walk was being held. Rob spent majority of the evening running around and trying to help anywhere and everywhere. I did a little of that, but tried to be the good team captain and stay with my team. Being this was the first year I actually attended the event, it was such an amazing experience! Thank you to all of our friends and family who joined us and to those who donated! Our team has raised just under $4,000 so far this year. Here are a few pics from the event. I did bring my camera, but did not take very many pics, so this is a compilation of mine, my mom's, my friend Emily's, and the newspaper. We also had Ben Daily from Daily's Photography come out and do professional pics. Thank you so much Ben for donating your time! I don't have any of those yet, so here's the amateur stuff!





Our team tent...we were filling out luminary bags to remember and honor those friends and family of ours who have gone through cancer. Unfortunately, I didn't think fast enough to get pictures of all of them.


The Lymphoblasters- we had one of the largest teams out there!


Group from our Sunday School class "Couples of Promise"- L to R: Me, Rob, Grant (our teacher), his wife Emily, Audrey, her husband James, and in front Amber


All the kids of our Sunday School group minus Emilee...not sure where she disappeared to at this point in time.


Me and some of our team members doing the walk


My nephews did the walk in style!


Me and Rob starting the walk (at the end)...our team brought up the rear of the group, but it was amazing because we were able to look out over all the lit balloons.


Addi (Amber's daughter) and Natalie carrying our team banner


Some of my awesome family- L to R: Casey (my bro), Kay (my sis-in-law), my nephews Wyatt and Walker, and of course Natalie


One of the luminaries


In memory of Eve who lost her fight last year while I was fighting mine


Emilee and Natalie sportin' their balloons!


Olive Garden catered! Yummmmm!!!





Moo! The whole herd of Chic-fil-A cows came out for the walk. Chic-fil-A is one of our corporate sponsors every year!


Emily and Grant- some of our friends from church


The lead singer, Corey Harmon, of the band who is also a cancer survivor.


The Band- Planning Yesterday (Eph. 2:10)- They were AWESOME! They donated their time to this event and kept us entertained the entire night!


Survivor balloon. Each balloon holds a meaning- the white is for survivors and patients. The red is for supporters, and the gold is for those who lost their fight. Natalie carried a gold balloon for several of our friends who lost their fight.


Our friend Amber and her girls Addi and Brylee


Beginnig the walk


My friend Crystal's girls- Hannah and Autumn
To remember Crystal see the post about shaving my head here.



With God, WE WILL BEAT THIS!!!

No comments: