Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween from our family to yours! I hope everyone was safe and got LOTS of Treats and less Tricks. We started our evening at a Fall Festival at one of the local churches, then went trick-or-treating with some of our friends. We had a great time and came home with LOTS and LOTS of candy!

Emilee went as a "pajama person". I think she just wanted to be comfy, but she looked cute anyway!

Natalie actually won her costume when we went to the dirt track races a couple of weeks ago. She was a Gansta' Girl.


The Loot....

Rob and Emilee with one of our friend's kids trying to get in the picture.

Emilee in her SpongeBob Square Pants PJ's


On a more personal note...I had a PET scan this week and the results came back "stable." I don't know if it grew at all, but it wasn't enough to alert my doctor and for that I am thankful. All my bloodwork continues to be in normal range other than my B-12 level. They feel that this deficiency could also be causing the insomnia, which in turn is causing the migraines. And the circle continues... Also, for the past two months, I haven't been feeling all that great. I actually thought I might be pregnant as I had several of the same symptoms. Well after the home tests came back negative, I told my doctor about it and she ran a blood test. I am NOT pregnant, and she feels that the symptoms are probably side effects of the chemo. I was pretty much in shock that I could still be having side effects 10 months after my last round. She said I will be having symptoms for quite awhile. She thinks the chemo is causing a hormone imbalance and that is what was causing the "pregnancy" symptoms. Please keep this new development in your prayers. There is nothing like getting up from my desk, going to the bathroom to throw-up and then back to the desk to continue working, but that is what I've been doing for the past two months.


BUT, other than that, I feel great! I'm getting really excited about the holidays coming up. I absolutely LOVE Christmas! Not only do we get to celebrate the birth of Jesus, but I can give gifts! I love watching the faces of people when they open presents. I actually spent some time today wrapping Christmas presents. I decided to have some fun with the girls this year because they get so nosey and start shaking all their presents. So, this year, I have picked out two names of reindeer and assigned one to each of the girls and put that on the present instead of their names. They have no idea who is who! They will find out Christmas eve when we do Christmas with Rob's parents.


Thanks for stopping by...I hope each and everyone of you have a great Holiday season! And remember...
With God, WE WILL BEAT THIS!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, girl.
Just got on the blog and read everything. I am so glad that things are going good other than the morning sickness.(LOL) Maybe some day, we will have that grandson. God is a miracle working God even in letting you get pregnant. That is what we are praying for once you are completely well from everything that has gone on for the last year.
I love you. Thanks for being a good mom to the girls.

Mom said...

Wonderful post...It gave me mixed emotions. I was a little sad that you were wrapping Christmas presents without my help but extremely happy that this year you don't need me!!! The girls look so
cute in their costumes. Praying that your symptoms ease everyday. Remember, God's timing is always best! luv u

Stuart said...

Well, someone is early to the Christmas season, eh? Wow!

So sorry about the seemingly never-ending side effects. I don't think anyone has a complete understanding of all the nuances of high-dose chemo on a long-term basis. I sure hope they subside and that you're able to get through your days much more smoothly.

Hang in there... and remember that sometimes things just go away on their own... You never know!

Your family is adorable... you guys are so fortunate.

Be well-
Stuart (and Candace) in Atlanta

mizlesa said...

My sympathies on the hormonal issues. I still pray for your health each time I think of you...still have my little lime green lymphoma pin on my cosmetic bag in my purse so I'm also reminded of you each time I see it. I'm thankful this year that you're a survivor of the awful chemo poison and remain cheerful, upbeat and a reminder to others to always trust God...no matter what.
I love seeing the pictures of those cute girls. Take care of yourself.