Sunday, July 26, 2009

SERIOUSLY!?!?!?!?

So, the past few days have been a little stressful. On Thursday, I went to the doctor for my monthly blood work. Everything came back in normal range. Great! Well, I've had a sore throat on top of the migraines and insomnia, so I tell the doctor and she goes to check it out. When she looks in my throat, she tells me that my tonsils are "impressive." I ask her if impressive=big? She says yes and tries to look deeper by using a tongue depressor. Well, she decided she was going to schedule a PET scan for me on Monday to see if there is anything behind my tonsils causing the inflammation or if it is strictly tonsillitis. Well, I know I am in full remission, and I know that God has healed me, but I am human and cancer does relapse, so I'm scared. Who wouldn't be?? So, I have my PET scan on Monday at 8:30am, and an appointment with the ENT on Thursday. Please pray it is only tonsillitis. So, that was Thursday.

On Friday, I get up and go to work like a normal day. The migraine starts to kick in (like a normal day), so I decide to try one of the new medications my neurologist gave me. I take it and within about 15-20 minutes, I get very hot and every muscle starts to ache. After a few minutes of this, I get online to find out if these are normal side effects and what else I can expect. Well, when I go online, I realize that this certain medication includes Naproxen which is the pain reliever found in Advil, Motrin, etc., which is also a medication that I am ALLERGIC to. I could feel my lips and fingers starting to tingle. I knew it was only a matter of time before the swelling would begin. I run in and tell my boss that I need to go get a shot or something because I was about to turn into a balloon. He says fine and I head out. Well, did you know you can't get anything done in the medical world on a Friday? Apparently, no doctor works on Friday's. So I get a hold of the nurse at the neurologists office, and she tells me to go home and take Benedryl. If it gets worse, then go to the ER. So, I go to Walgreens and get Benedryl. By the time I leave Walgreens, my eyes are starting to swell, so I have to get home quick while I can still see. My lips are large by this point. I get home, take the Benedryl, and realize that I had a missed call from my oncologists office. I call them back and my B-12 level is low. So, that means, I now get to go to their office every week for the next 2 months and get B-12 shots. Really? I can't take much more. The Benedryl knocked me out for the entire day and night. At least I got some sleep :-).

Well, on top of all this, it is the final week in my Psychology class, I'm so confused with everything and I'm behind because of everything going on health wise. I'm still not sleeping very well, even with the sleeping pills. I am still having migraines and can't take the meds to get rid of them because I am allergic. And, I am working on a huge project at work with the deadline steadily approaching. Life goes on, and I'm so glad that I'm living, but I just need a better week. We have our family vacation planned and will be going on that soon. We are going to Disney World- the trip we were supposed to take last year. I can't wait! It will be the vacation that I need from everything else right now.

Please pray for me in every way possible. I need your prayers physically, mentally, and emotionally. Please pray for my family as they get to live with me and my craziness right now. Thank you for everything and I'll keep you updated on my tests!

With God, WE WILL BEAT THIS!!!

2 comments:

Candace and Stuart said...

So sorry to hear about your complications.
Praying that the Lord will put His hand on each place acting up and soothe it back into alignment. You are His and He will not let anything touch you that is not from His hand. So either it won't touch you or you will have what you need to deal with it. (Easier to say than practice, I know)
Praying for you.
Candace (and Stu)

Anonymous said...

We are praying! Caroline says "Hi Aunt Nessa!" Love you.
Crystal