Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Happy Fourth of July!

Wow, what a difference a year makes! Last year, the fourth of July was not something to celebrate. I spent the entire time sick and sleeping until I ended up in the ER in Monroe at a not so nice hospital. Then, once I was released, I spent one night out and then traveled back home to find myself in the ER at ETMC and staying in the hospital for a week or so. This was just the beginning of my trip to ICU. Needless to say, this year, we CELEBRATED!!! We stuck with our family tradition and went back to my Aunt and Uncle's lakehouse. It had been close to two years since I have been in the water (lake or pool), so I spent about 75% of my time in the water either swimming, floating, on the jet ski or in the boat. The kids had a blast tubing and swimming and playing with all their cousins. I love the 4th of July, because not only does it signify our freedom, it is the one time of the year that my entire family gets together (my side). We absolutely love it. This year was also special because it was my uncle's 70th birthday- HAPPY BIRTHDAY UNCLE BOBBY!!!

I hope you and your families all had a great holiday and you remember just how blessed we are to live in America! Here are a few pictures of our great weekend!

On July 3rd, we went to my sister-in-laws parents house for fireworks. The girls had a blast with the sparklers. This is (L to R) Emilee, Walker (my nephew), Kay (my sis-in-law), and Natalie

More Sparkler Fun!

Fireworks on the lake! We went out in 3 boats and watched the fireworks! It was beautiful!~

Natalie- yes, she got a little sun, but I PROMISE she wore LOTS of sunscreen! :-)


Emilee- being silly and showing off her braces

My Nephew Wyatt and Sis-in-law Kay. Wyatt was calling for birdies- so cute!


Happy Birthday Uncle Bobby! (Poppa to his grandkids)- so glad I could share this birthday with him!

L to R: Wyatt, Natalie, Emilee, and Walker in their 4th of July outfits- I have to say, these are 4 of the cutest kids I've ever seen (not that I'm biased in any way!)

No comments: