Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Traveling "Lymphoma" Toes

Hey everyone! Well, those of you who have been following the blog since the beginning, know about my lymphoma toes. For those of you who haven't, here's a quick rundown. The week I was diagnosed, I got a pedicure and had my toenails painted lime green- lymphoma awareness color. Well, I kept my toes lime green until I was declared in full remission. They may have changed in shades or sometimes they had nail tattoos on them, like daisies or hearts, but they were always lime green. It was just a thing that helped me through the day. Every time a nurse or doctor checked my feet for swelling, they would see them, and usually comment. It was fun. Well, I painted them lime green again when I went in for my PET scan. Well, I got this idea when watching the cell phone commercial with the traveling stuffed monkey. It's a little silly, but I feel that it shows that even though we've had a setback, I'm still LIVING!!! We went on our family vacation this past week to Disney World. We were supposed to go last year, but had to postpone the trip due to my chemo treatments. Well, here's our trip through my toes...





Driving to DFW so we can head to Florida. Not sure why my toes look all wrinkly, but they are on their way to DISNEY!!!



Flying high in the sky! I'm sure all the people around us were thinking I was a little crazy for taking pictures of my feet, but I had fun doing it!


In the pool. It was so nice to just relax in the swimming pool and forget about everything going on. It was a wonderful time as a family!



DISNEY WORLD!!! I know you can't really see it, but the gate to Disney World is between my feet. This was my only chance to take a picture of them at the actual parks because we were constantly going and walking. I wore tennis shoes the whole time, and I wasn't about to take off my socks and take a picture!




Our last day there, we went to the beach. The nail polish is all chipping off...a sign of a good time! The waves were so much fun because of the approaching hurricane. We had fun body surfing and just relaxing on the beach. Unfortunately, this was the last picture my camera took. It stopped working right after this. We still haven't figured out what happened other than the fact that I wore it out. I took over 600 pictures on our vacation!
Well, we had a blast, and today, it was back to reality. I went to the doctor this morning and all my bloodwork is still in normal range. This is a good thing! Also, I have an appointment on Wednesday back at Baylor for a bone marrow aspiration....so excited about that one! I guess it means things are rolling. Other than that, I don't have any other updates. Hope you enjoyed joining us on our vacation through the "eyes" of my toes. I'll share more pics later...
With God, WE WILL BEAT THIS!!!

2 comments:

Stuart said...

What a clever and fun idea...

September is Leukemia and Lymphoma awareness month and you are doing your part, indeed!

Glad you had a fun, exciting vacation. Vacations are the best. I vote we need more of them.

Keep us posted on the bone marrow aspiration. You are a real trooper!!!

mizlesa said...

I LOVE your green toes :D
I'm glad they finally made their way to Disneyworld after a long delay.
Good to hear "normal" test results, too!