Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Whistle While You Work

Well, I am now in my second week of work and it is going great. Again, I have great employers as they are letting my get my strength back by working part time and of course holding my job for me through my crazy 9 months. Right now, I am working on small projects- stuff that doesn't have to be done "today." That way, if I am feeling bad one day and can't work as long, then it won't harm any deadlines. For those of you that don't know, I work at a law firm. Before I left, I was the receptionist, but they ended up hiring the temp they had so now I am an assistant (not a legal assistant or paralegal). I am still doing some of the same things, but sharing the other stuff with Tiffany (the new receptionist). She's great and I'm so glad she joined our little family. I really love everyone I work with. It's a great group.

Before I left, they sold the office we were in and were in the process of leasing a new office building. While I was gone, they moved offices so when I came back to work, it was to a new office and a new desk. It's very different than what we were in- a historic home, but I like it. I though you might like to see a little bit of my life...
This is the row of cubicles...there are 4 of us in this area. There are 6 offices around us for the 4 partners and then 2 extra for other uses.

This is the outside of the building (only half of it). We are in the far left building.

My desk. Normally, it would be covered with papers, files and notebooks, but since I just came back, it is still pretty clean. It won't stay that way for long I'm sure!


And for a little bit of other news, I was accepted to LeTourneau University's Bachelor in Psychology program. I'm very excited. I already have my Associates Degree, but I really wanted to go on and get my Bachelor's and Masters. I am hoping to one day do cancer counseling. I always loved when my counselors would come to see me in the hospital. It was someone who I could talk to about what was going on with me and they would just sit and listen to me as long as I needed to talk. I also think since I have been there, that I might be able to make others feel like there is hope. I know when I talked to other survivors, it always made me feel so much better and made me feel like I would get through it. I hope to give others that hope too. I also hope to be working with the Leukemia and Lymphoma society for the rest of my life! I'm also excited because LeTourneau is a Christian University so I will be taking the rest of my Bible courses. I start on March 6th, so keep me in your prayers as it has been a few years since I've been in school. All my classes are online, so that will help me out and I should be able to have my bachelor's degree in about 2 years! I'm so very excited!!!
Thanks for all the prayers and please remember all my friends I mentioned below. Love you all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Counseling other cancer patients sounds like a perfect fit for you! I know you can manage the classes....you were always a good student. It's great to read your blog about getting on with your life and NOT about the "terrible treatments".

Unknown said...

Hey, the office looks great. I am so glad that you are going on to school and doing what you know that God has spoken in your heart to do. I am so excited that you got into Le Tourneau. Yeah!!!!! I will be praying for you. You are smart and will be able to do well.

Jennifer said...

What a great idea for your career path. I have no doubt that you will be excellent at it.