Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I HATE CANCER!!!

I SERIOUSLY HATE CANCER!!! Why is there cancer in the world? Why does God allow it? These are questions I have had for a long time, even before I was diagnosed. They just intensified since I was diagnosed. Today, Rob got an email that a friend of his from Chicago, growing up, lost her fight with breast cancer. I really and truly hate it. Why is it that some people live to have a great life and others lose their battle? Why does God choose to take some home and not others? Why do children get cancer? Why isn't there a cure yet? If we can put a man on the moon, why can't we cure cancer? This is the reason we are so involved with the Leukemia and Lymphoma society (LLS). They are trying desperately to find a cure. I don't understand it and I'm sure I never will. I know God has his plans for all of our lives and I know He is going to use me and my experience and I am so thankful that He chose me to do this.

Next week, we will be meeting with Tara from the Leukemia and Lymphoma society to try and make the East Texas Light the Night walk bigger and better and help get the word out. I will be able to sign up our team in a couple of weeks, so I am asking that you start praying about joining our team and helping raise funds for this great organization. The walk itself will be October 17th here in Tyler. Our team last year raised almost $7000. I was so excited and grateful that so many of you joined us and helped raise this money. I want this year to be better so we will be that much closer to finding a cure. If you don't want to get involved with LLS, then I am asking you to get involved in ANY foundation that fights for a cure for cancer, but selfishly, I hope you join our team. Keep checking in and I will let you know when you can sign up on the team.

No comments: