Saturday, February 6, 2010

New Baby Pics

We went this week to have my first trimester screening done. This is where they check for chromosomal abnormalities like Down Syndrome. We don't have the results back yet, and it won't be a yes or no, it will just be able to tell me my percentage of risk. This is an optional test, but with my history, my doctor encouraged us to go ahead, and we felt we should as well. We got to spend a good 30 minutes in with the ultrasound tech. The last time we looked at the baby, there was just a circle and a heartbeat. It completely astonished me that when we got to see the baby again, he/she had hands and legs and a face and was moving, A LOT!!! I mean, I knew that he/she was growing, but it still isn't real to me because I can't feel him/her moving yet. This was incredible. The tech had to measure and my baby definitely takes after me and was being stubborn! He/she moved around and then got comfortable and fell asleep. I had to move around and we had to poke and prod my belly to get him/her to move. It was so cool.

Here are some pics:

This one is a little blurry, but it's a side shot

A 4-D image



The face- still forming


Legs!!!



And, a sweet baby hand.


So, those are my precious baby pics. We are truly blessed!


Hope you all are having a great time and feel fully blessed during this time of your life. And, with the superbowl being tomorrow, I must leave you with this...


WHO DAT!?!?!?! GEAUX SAINTS!!!

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Congrats you guys!!! I had four miscarriges before i had my miracle! but god doesn't give us anything we can't handle right?

Anonymous said...

oh btw I'm Jenni...Jeremy's Cousin.. the one you sent the bible too. just in case LOL

Haelie said...

Precious pics! Oh, and I'm seriously loving the hair! I haven't gotten to look at your pictures in a while, but straight-ish looks good on you! You are as beautiful and precious and full of life as you have ever been!