Thursday, October 2, 2008

A Hodge-Podge Post

Hey everyone! Again, sorry for the delay in posts. I promise I will try and get better and try to keep you all informed a little closer together. A lot has happened since my last blog so I'm just going to bunch it all into this one.

I started chemo back on Tuesday, September 2nd. After my five days of chemo, my blood pressure spiked and I ended up having to stay in the hospital a few more days. They have no idea what made it spike, but it was 200 something over 100 something. It was really high. They checked it every 30 minutes during the night so needless to say, I didn't get any sleep that night. I went home on Tuesday, September 9th. I was very weak and never felt quite right. On Thursday, the 11th, I went into the doctor and back to the hospital. I had developed an infection in my gastrointestinal system. It was miserable. I spent another seven days in the hospital getting antibiotics. It was extremely scary because the last time I went into the hospital with a fever, I ended up in ICU. I also had mouth sores (another unpleasant side effect of chemo), so I couldn't eat or talk for five of those wonderful days in the hospital. I did get to watch the Hurricane Ike storm from the top floor of the hospital. It was really a sight to see. Because of these lovely hurricanes we have been having, Rob was sent to do disaster relief with his company. He spent one week in the New Orleans area and three in the Houston area. Thanks so much to my mom for staying for the two weeks I was in the hospital taking care of the girls, and thanks to my mother-in-law for helping out last week. I was supposed to start chemo on the 22nd, but I was still too weak and my counts were not high enough so we delayed it a week. Apparently, my bone marrow is tired of rebuilding itself. Not that I blame it at all, I'm tired of this too, but I just keep telling myself only three more to go.

Well, I started this round of chemo on Monday, September 29th and it hasn't been too bad. They put me in a double room but blocked it off so I wouldn't get a roommate. It is a pretty big room for one person so that is nice. My doctor reduced my chemo by 20% so hopefully that will keep me feeling a little better this time. I have had very bad headaches and my blood pressure has gone up, but not as bad as the last round. Rob came home from Houston on Friday night so that was really nice. My parents came in on Wednesday and are helping out with the girls since Rob has to work late sometimes. As long as my blood pressure stays close to normal, I will get to go home tomorrow afternoon. Please pray for my blood pressure to stay down, my headaches to go away, and for me to feel good when I go home. I do not want to have to come back into the hospital with an infection or anything this week. I don't want to have to delay any more rounds either. Two more to go...

Thank you for all your prayers. Please keep them coming. I can feel each one of them!

With God, WE WILL BEAT THIS!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've missed all your blogs! (I PROMISE I read them all, even if I don't respond.) ;) We've been praying for you and are so thankful that God has answered, and continues to answer our prayers for you, Rob, Emilee and Natalie! We're looking forward to seeing all of you next weekend! We love y'all!

p.s. We love that picture of you and Wyatt- what a good-looking boy... takes after his aunt I guess... :)

Beth said...

Love your new blog background!! Glad you are feeling better this go round!! I pray your strength stays up and you stay free of infection!! Can't wait to see you this weekend!!