Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Back in the Hospital AGAIN!

Hey everyone! Well, I thought this last round wouldn't knock me out as bad because they decreased it by 20%, but here I am back in the hospital. I was feeling pretty good at home, but starting on Sunday, I was getting weaker and weaker. By Tuesday, I couldn't do anything I was so weak. We went to the doctor and my counts were not low enough for any transfusions, but she said it looked like I was trying to get sick, so she sent me to the hospital and has been pumping antibiotics in me to try and catch this thing- whatever it may be- before it hits me. The nurse today gave me my blood counts and they are dropping pretty rapidly except my white blood count. Yesterday: WBC- 0.1, Hemoglobin- 12, and Platelets- 29. Today: WBC- 0.3, Hemoglobin-5, and Platelets- 16. It looks like I will probably need a transfusion tomorrow.

Prayer requests:

Please pray that God would heal me from whatever is knocking me down so I can go home either Thursday or Friday.

Please pray for Christian Leone. I heard this story second hand so if I don't get it all right, I'm sorry. Christian is in high school and sustained an injury during a football game. He went into the surgical center and when they gave him a shot, it went into a vein instead of muscle. It caused his veins to collapse and him to go blind. Last I heard, he has some of his eyesight back, but it is blurry. Please pray for a quick and complete recovery for him. He is the nephew of some of mine and my brother's friends.

Please pray for a lady named SueSue. I met her today in the hospital. She was diagnosed in August with AML Leukemia. She has a good attitude, but she told me she doesn't have any insurance. I told her about the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's program that can help. Hopefully they will be able to help her. The type of Leukemia she has apparently doesn't have a very good success rate, so please pray for her to recover from this terrible illness and that her medical bills will be within reason or she receives help.

Thank you all for praying for not only me and my family, but also for these other people. I believe in the power of prayer! It has been proven through me already!

With God, WE WILL BEAT THIS!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just two more chemos...just two more chemos....then just one more...then NO MORE CHEMO! I am praying and anxious for you to get there. I hope you can see a little light at the end of the tunnel now. Soon they will stop making you so sick to get you better. Look how far you've come. You and your family have been an inspiration and a blessing to many others.
Thanks for letting us know of the needs of others so we can also pray for them.
I love your green blog.....Love ya, Miz Lesa

Anonymous said...

I know it seems like this will never end! But it will! I'm so very proud of you, your attitude, perserverance, and focus on others with prayer needs. It would be so easy for you to concentrate only on yourself, but not Vanessa!! I love you and your family so much and can't wait for chemo to be over and a big celebration!! Much love and hugs - Ms. Martha