Sunday, January 18, 2009

Lingering Side Effects

The past few weeks have been an adventure. Not so much like the past 8 months, but still an adventure. I'm still pretty weak, but getting stronger every day. I've been trying to work out on the treadmill, but can only walk like 1/4 of a mile at a time. My feet and ankles have been killing me from standing and walking and my back is still hurting. On the upside, my hair has started growing back and my nails have grown back. They are extremely weak and break when I just tap them, but at least I have nails. Any ideas on how to make them stronger? I'm still not working, my doctor hasn't cleared me yet, but I hope to go back part-time in February. Still ready to get back to "normal" life. Thanks for checking in and I'll keep ya posted after my appointment.

3 comments:

Stuart said...

Hello! I am in the hospital in Atlanta, GA... about to embark on my 2nd round of chemo for my Lymphoma (High-grade/Burkitt's-like aggressive diffuse large B-cell). Came across your blog... and looks like you're freshly off the rollercoaster! I pray the Lord continues His healing in your life and that your testimony can be light for others around you!

Tracy said...

Hey girl! I'm glad things are on the upswing. As far as your nails - try using Tough Cookie, made by Orly. You can get it at Sally's Beauty Supply. I hope and pray you can get back to a "normal" life soon!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear some "normalcy" is returning to your life. If 1/4 mile is what you can do on the treadmill, that's good. I'm proud of you for working at it....I'm sure it's hard as your stamina gradually returns after being zapped but you've proven you're one tough cookie.

Walgreens sells a line of nail products called Nail Rx.

I saw the picture of the girls with Casey & Kay's boys in the Sunday paper last week. They're all so cute together.

Still praying for you when I think of you....take care. Love ya!